With immediate effect you can submit your abstract using the link below.
The deadline for submissions is 30 June 2016.
Please submit your abstracts for the DGKL in English.
Please submit your abstracts for the DVTA in German.
Layout of abstracts
Abstracts should follow a structured layout using the following headings: background, question, materials and methods, results, discussion or conclusion (as far as possible and expedient). The abstract text should not contain more than 3000 characters.
For questions or clarification please contact us by email to:
The selection criteria for the acceptance of scientific contributions are the originality and clinical relevance of the question, as well as the appropriate methodological approach, the presentation of the results and the conclusion. The selection will be undertaken by the congress committee and external experts, in accordance with the aspects above. The selection will take place blind, in other words the authors or their institutions respectively will be unknown to the experts. Allocation to the presentations or posters does not signify any evaluation of the quality, but will be undertaken on the basis of the key scientific topics and the number of contributions submitted for each of these.
Abstract topics for the DGKL
- Haematology and haemostasis
- Immunology, autoimmunity, allergy
- Infectious diseases
- Cardiovascular disease
- Neurodegeneration, ageing, dementia
- Proteomics, mass spectrometry
- Metabolomics and lipidomics
- Molecular diagnostics
- Oncology and liquid profiling
- New methods and parameters
- Therapeutic drug monitoring – toxicology
- Diagnostics of non-blood based specimens (urine, CSF, others)
- Lab-on-a-chip and microfluidics
- Laboratory management and quality assurance
- Bioinformatics and system diagnostics
- Working with young talents, teaching concepts
- Foundation for Pathobiochemistry and Molecular Diagnostics
- Other topics
Abstract topics for the DVTA
- Quality assurance and laboratory management
- Development projects from laboratory practice
- Science and research
- Training in theory and practice
Take this opportunity of winning the following prizes by submitting your contribution:
DGKL presentation and poster prizes
Presentation prizes: 1st prize € 750 | 2nd prize € 500 | 3rd prize € 250
Poster prizes: 1st prize € 500 I 2nd prize € 300 I 3rd prize € 200
The prize winners will be selected by an expert jury. The prizes will be awarded during the social evening on 30.09.2016 at Mannheim Baroque Palace.
DGKL travel grants
This year too, the DGKL would once again like to enable young scientists to attend the German Congress of Laboratory Medicine (DKLM) by providing financial support. Therefore as part of its support for young scientists, the Foundation for Pathobiochemistry and Molecular Diagnostics is awarding a total of five travel grants worth €500.
Any congress participant aged 35 or under can apply, although only two applicants can be accepted per institute/laboratory.
If more than five applications for a travel grant are received, the grants will be awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
- DGKL members will be given preference over non-members.
- Applicants who have submitted an abstract will be given preference over applicants who have not done so.
- The abstracts that have received the highest evaluations will be given priority when awarding the grants.
- If more applicants have applied for a travel grant without submitting an abstract, the grant will be awarded to the youngest participant.
The application period for travel grants ends on 15 August 2016. Please send applications including a covering letter, CV and confirmation from your superior by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DVTA Margot Schumann Poster Prize
Take this opportunity of winning the Margot Schumann Poster Prize and making an active contribution to the congress.
Gold € 1,000 | Silver € 750 | Bronze € 250
The award-winning posters will be selected by an expert jury. The Margot Schumann Poster Prize will be awarded during the congress.
Further information on grants and the prizes to be awarded at the congress can be found at www.laboratoriumsmedizin2016.de.
The abstracts submitted and the presentations at the 2014 congress are published at the De Gruyter Verlag.